Thursday, January 23, 2014

Psalm 84:2

P31 OBS Blog Hop

"My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and flesh cry out for the living God."
(Psalm 84:2 NIV)

     This verse is so convicting for me. Especially once I personalized it by replacing "my" with my name. Do I really crave God's presence? The Amplified Bible uses is homesick in place of faints. That really struck me when I read it. Do I crave, desperately want to be in the presence of the Lord to the point of being homesick for it? 

     The NET version replaces cry out with shout for joy. Does my entire being shout for joy to the living God? To be honest, the last week and a half I haven't been very joyful. Not since my miscarriage. The truth is it's been hard to sing for joy. I know the Lord wants to give me joy, but I have to be willing. I know embracing the joy of The Lord and shouting for joy to Him will help me heal. 

Father, I confess I don't crave Your presence to the point of being homesick. But I want to. Place that overwhelming craving for Your presence inside my heart. Father make me homesick for Your presence. Let me not be satisfied until I dwell in Your presence. Father, give me Your joy and let every part of my being want nothing more than to shout for joy to You my living God. 
In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Kaydi, I am so sorry for your miscarriage. I am praying for God to heal that hurt and loss inside your heart. May he fill you with such peace that surpasses all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaydi, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for peace and healing for you and your family.

    Kris Danko (OBS Blog Hop Team)

    ReplyDelete