Thursday, January 2, 2014

No Condemnation

     Those overwhelming feelings of guilt and condemnation over a particular sin from my past that I've repented of and asked forgiveness for from the Lord and from those I had wronged cropped up today. I've been forgiven by the Lord and by those who were affected. However I still from time to time struggle with feelings of guilt and condemnation from that. And it happened eight years ago. I do think at times that Satan throws that in my face to distract me from the work Christ is calling me to do. Though more times than not, I think it's my own insecure human nature that brings the guilt and condemnation.

     The first time after forgiveness and restoration had occurred when these feeling overwhelmed me I ran to office of a dear friend. He sat across the desk from me and with compassion told me, "Kaydi, I don't know what to tell you, other than what God tells us in Romans 8." Then he quoted Romans 8:1 to me.  He hugged me, prayed for me, and told me, "You have to choose to believe the truth in God's Word over the lies the guilt and condemnation are telling you." 

           So today I did what I've done since that conversation with my friend. I've quoted Romans 8:1 over and over (even out loud when I needed to) and prayed that God would remind me of the overwhelming love He lavishes on me because I am His child. 

     Here is a word of encouragement to those of you who made be struggling as well. If you are a child of the King who has repented, sought forgiveness, and who has made amends or is in the process of making amends with those who were wronged or hurt, I encourage you to cling to the truth of Romans 8:1. If you are not a child of King Jesus, seek out a pastor or friend that you can see honestly seeks to follow Christ in their daily life. The only way you'll ever be free from guilt and condemnation is by accepting His gift of salvation and walking with Him. Jesus took our sins, guilt, and condemnation on the cross so that we can be free from it. All you have to do is ask. 

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the life-giving Spirit in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1, 2 NET)

No comments:

Post a Comment