Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Overwhelmed

    I'm feeling a little (okay a lot) overwhelmed tonight. The world has kept on spinning and I'm still trying to catch up from when my world stopped. My students and their families have been so amazing. My administration and coworkers have been so understanding and supportive. Our church family has loved on and taken care of us. I just feel overwhelmed. My world had stopped and everyone else kept moving forward. And I'm still running trying to catch up. I keep hearing how brave I am. How strong I am. And it doesn't feel that way at all to me. I feel broken. And weak. And overwhelmed. I didn't sleep well last night and maybe that coupled with a full day at work has led to feeling overwhelmed.

    I can say that today I was blessed when I received a quick visit from a dear friend, a beautiful plant from a student, an amazing piece of cheesecake from a friend, a hug and shared joy with a sweet friend, a treat from my husband, dinner made by mom, and hugs and kisses from my boys. And my lil Lucas prayed the sweetest prayer last night, "Thank you God for taking care of my baby."

"Cast all your anxiety on the Him because He cares for you."
I Peter 5:7 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment