Sunday, January 26, 2014

10 Years

     I realized this morning that yesterday, it had been 10 years since Joshua stood in my parents' living room and asked my dad for permission to date me. I look at this picture of us and think we had no clue where this journey together was going to take us.


     We've been on many mountains and walked through many valleys. We're in the midst of a pretty deep, dark valley now. But we'll make it through to the other side. The Lord has been faithful to us in the past, and He will continue to be faithful to us. I wouldn't change one joy or hardship we've had because all things have strengthened our relationship with each other and with the Lord. At this point, it's hard for me to say I wouldn't change this miscarriage. But I trust that one day I'll look back on this and see how God used this to make us stronger and more like Him.


"Iron sharpens iron,
and one man sharpens another."
Proverbs 27:17 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment