Friday, January 10, 2014

A Small Act of Service

     When I began driving my dad always made sure my car had gas. I very rarely had to pump gas. My dad worked at the university I attended for most of my time there, so I would almost always get in my car and find a full tank. It was a small thing, but it was one way my dad showed me he loves me. Even now my dad pumps gas for me when I take him to run errands.

     One time when Joshua and I were dating, he was driving my car and stopped to get gas so I wouldn't have to on my way home. That night I told Joshua had my dad had always done that for me and how special it made me feel. Since that night, Joshua has checked my gas gage and filled up my car when needed. It's a small thing. It's something I could easily do for myself. It's a small act of service that makes me loved and special. 


No comments:

Post a Comment