Monday, March 31, 2014

Faith

    A very wise and sweet friend, Mrs. Carol, reminded me tonight that each test no matter what it is and no matter our age is about faith. It's always about growing our faith in God. She hugged me tight and reminded me that God has good things for me, and I will be okay. That hug. Those words. They were just what I needed.

    I don't completely understand the purpose of all this pain and loss, but I do know it is about growing my faith in Christ. I can choose to get bitter or I can choose to become more Christ like. I have to make this choice everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. More times than not, I choose Christ likeness. But when I'm tempted to choose bitter, God always reminds me that Christ likeness is better. I know that being outside of His will, and His joy, and His peace is a lot worse than the pain of losing my baby.

     So today I choose faith and Christ likeness and trust that He'll give the strength to make that choice again tomorrow.

"For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world.
And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith."
I John 5:4 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment