Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Break, Day 5

     Today I had lunch at Olive Garden with my dear friend Elizabeth. She is such a blessing and encouragement to me. It was nice to sit, visit, and catch up. She bought my lunch and brought a little gift. She gave me an Alabama Crimson Tide daily devotional! It's so cool. It has a Scripture verse and stories about the team or players or coaches that go along with verse and tie it to God's story. I'm very excited about it! I always walk away from Elizabeth feeling encouraged. She always points me back to God, and helps me see a different perspective. God knew we needed each other, and He put us together at just the right time.


     After lunch, I took the boys to Target to get a present for Lauren. Lucas picked out a Jake and the Neverland Pirates toy for her because they played that a lot together yesterday. Logan picked out the book Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss. The boys are so proud of what they picked out. I hope Lauren likes her presents. They also picked out a present for Uncle Brice, Lauren's dad, because his birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. I guess they heard Rikki and I talking about it yesterday, and they wanted to get him a present too.


      While we were shopping, the boys were silly and tried on the bunny ears from the Dollar Spot. When we were looking at toys, we found some wrestling mask Lucas and I tried on. I tried on the Sin Cara mask, and Lucas put on the Kane mask. We were making mean faces. Logan was rolling his eyes and laughing at us. 




     I let the boys pick out a new small toy. They each chose a small Lego set. Logan chose a Transformer set, and Lucas, a Ninjago set. I also bougth them a new pair of socks from the Dollar Spot. Lucas chose Iron Man sock, and Logan, Spiderman. On the way home, we stopped at Sonic happy hour. Lucas ordered an orange slush, and Logan ordered a root beer. He told me, "I like root beer, and Grace likes root beer too." He loves his Jeffries sisters!



     Now we're getting ready for Disciple Now this weekend. The boys are super excited to have the high school boys staying with us! Spring Break flew by so fast, but we had so fun together. I can't wait for summer and lazy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment