Tuesday, March 4, 2014

People Always Leave

     My brother left for boot camp today. He called our brother in law, Robert, to let him know he made it safely. I'm really proud of my brother for choosing to go into the navy. For working hard to accomplish this dream. It is hard knowing life will be very different without him always here. But I really feel like this is one of the best decisions he has made for himself. I just miss him so much already. Earlier today when I was thinking about him leaving, it reminded me of the character Payton Sawyer from One Tree Hill. She always said, "People always leave." Her character had suffered a lot of losses-some physical deaths and some deaths of relationships which is what led her to that conclusion. In that moment when I was having my own "people always leave" moment, God whispered into my heart, "But I'm always here, Kaydi."

     "People leave. People disappoint."

     "I'll never leave you. I'll never disappoint."

     The truth brings comfort when you choose to believe it.

"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you. 
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment