Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Break, Day 4

     This morning, our friends Rachel and Lauren came to play while their mommy was at Bible study. It's been a while since we've been able to play with them, so the boys were extra excited! They played pool, air hockey, and UNO. Then they went outside and played in the backyard for a long time. Lauren was cracking me up at lunch because she kept dipping everything in her ketchup-her chips, her cookie, and her strawberries. She kept trying to get me to try her food dipped in ketchup. She ate all of her food though. Cookies dipped in ketchup is definitely not on my bucket list. 



      After lunch and Rikki's Bible study, we went to pop in playtime at Pump It Up. The boys were so excited to go back. They love it! They ran and jumped and played so hard. They had a blast playing together. I'm so upset with myself though. I was charging my camera battery and forgot to take it with us to Pump It Up. The pictures I took on my phone weren't that great. But the kids had lots of fun and Rikki and I had a good conversation. It's been a long time since we've been able to visit.


     After Pump It Up,  we took dinner to Aunt Calli and saw Justice. We love our JJ so much! She was so funny. She thought because there were three adults at her house, one of us should've been walking around holding her the entire time. I took her upstairs and laid her down in her bed just before we left. She was fussing when I laid her down. When I turned on her seahorse, she immediately stopped crying when she heard the music. She's so mesmerized by it.


     Tonight I met Shellie and Clara at Painting with a Twist. It was so much fun. I really enjoyed hanging out with them. My painting turned out a lot better than I thought it would. The more it dries, the more I like it. I think I did well for my very first time! I love how our paintings are the same, but different. My painting is on the fireplace now, but I think I'm going to have Joshua hang it up in the kitchen for me. I felt bad, it was actually Rikki's idea to go, and by the time she went online to register they were sold out. I think we're going to try to do this as a women's ministry event soon. It was so much fun, I definitely want to go back again!

     When I came home, Joshua had dusted, vacuumed, swept, mopped, and cleaned the bathrooms in preparation for Disciple Now this weekend. He had the boys pick up the playroom the correct way. When he came home from work, he had asked what he could do to help me. I had just asked him to get the boys to clean the playroom, mop, and put the vacuum back together for me. But he took care of everything. I just have to finish up the laundry, prepare the food for the boys this weekend, and put clean sheets on the bed tomorrow. I'm so thankful for Joshua and how helpful he is. He's always willing to help me with the cleaning, and he never complains.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment