Wednesday, May 28, 2014

One of Those Days

     Today has been one of those days. I woke up late, and got ready for work with tears of grief streaming down my face for my sweet baby. Picked up Chick-fil-a for breakfast in the drive thru and made it to work. I did have a few moments of tears for my baby a couple of different times today. But my day was mostly okay.  Then I went to pay for a pair of shorts at Cato after church tonight. I couldn't find my debit card. I looked quickly through my wallet, paid with a credit card, and drove home. I immediately went in the house and dumped my purse out on the table, and took everything out of my wallet. No debit card. I called and cancelled it. The good news is I can go into a Chase branch close to us and be issued a new debit card on the spot tomorrow.

     Joshua then took me to the grocery store to buy some breakfast food for the boys. As we are leaving the store, he hands me his debit card to use until I get mine. As I'm unzipping my wallet, I see my debit card slid in between the pages of my checkbook. I could laugh or cry, and since I had done plenty of crying already today, I laughed at myself.


     At home, Joshua looked at his phone and asked if I bought Season 3 of Dallas twice on Vudu today. I told him that I did buy it, but I thought I only bought it once. He called and confirmed I had bought it twice. Thankfully they refunded one of the charges.

     It's so amazing that some relatively small things that were easily resolved could ruffle my feathers so much. I know my emotions played into me getting so upset about small things. I'm so thankful that when I have one of those days, God's grace is enough. He gives me the strength I need. And His mercies are new every morning.

"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, 
but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever."
Pslam 73:26 (NLT)

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, 
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."
Lamentations 3:21-24 (NIV)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment