Thursday, April 17, 2014

Peace

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. 
Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
Then you will experience God's peace, 
which exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)

     One lesson I have learned the last couple of months is how much power there is in prayer. In the midst of grief and emotional turmoil, I have had such an overwhelming sense of God's peace. It's directly related to how much time I've spent in the Word and prayer. Every time, I pray and give my worries and concerns to God, He fills me with an overwhelming, lasting sense of His peace. There is no thing or person that can give me the peace that Jesus does. Losing this baby was my worst nightmare come true. It was the one thing I didn't think I could live through. Yet, here I am three months later. Living. Breathing. Putting one foot in front of the other. All with a sense of peace I would have never thought possible. Thank You, Jesus, for Your peace that passes understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment