Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Don't Worry Bout a Thing

     This afternoon I've been pretty heavy hearted and worried about some things. None of them are really in my control. I've done what I can do in the situations I was actually able to do something about. The rest is really out of my control.

     I was able to wear a size smaller jeans this morning. Which should've been a good thing. Something that should've made me happy, but today it was just a reminder that my baby is gone. Instead of a growing belly, I have a shrinking waist. Which really should make me happy. I mean really, who's not happy about being able to wear smaller clothes?

    On the way home from the grocery store I was working on a pity party, when I turned on the CD player. I haven't listened to the CD player in quite a while because I usually listen to the iPod on my phone.  A SHeDAISY song I haven't heard in a long time came on. The song talks about how life has ups and downs, but you shouldn't worry about a thing. While I was listening to the song I was reminded of this Scripture.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. 
Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
Then you will experience God's peace, 
which exceeds anything we can understand. 
His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)

     By the time the song was over, I was thinking of people and things I am thankful for. And slowly I was able to let some of those worries go. Even when you feel like you are losing at life, like I did tonight, the truth is you're not. There are always people or things or circumstances in life we can be thankful for. Even when they don't quite turn out the way we expect.

     "Don't worry" isn't a suggestion or a good idea. It's a command from the Lord, and it's for my good. And it's a demonstration of my faith in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment