Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Celebration

     We started a new tradition this year that I found the idea for on Pinterest. On Friday, we Easter egged two different families. We left 13 eggs for them to find. 12 had candy and 1 was empty to represent Jesus' empty tomb and His resurrection. The boys and I loved doing that. The boys are already planning who we are going to egg next year.


     On Saturday, we dyed Easter eggs. The boys were so careful, and we had very little mess to clean up. Aren't we super cute rocking our aprons?!



     We also made Resurrection cookies. This is our second or third year to make them. It's a fun way to remember Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. The boys love biting into the empty tomb on Sunday morning. And it's the one morning, I allow them to have cookies with their breakfast. Here is the recipe and Scriptures you read. I think the Resurrection cookies are our favorite Easter tradition.





     The Easter bunny visited our house. The Easter bunny brings a little bit of candy and a couple of gifts. The bunny is in trouble with Mommy this year because the bunny brought Lucas a new WWE championship belt that plays eight different wrestler's intro songs. It's so loud with no volume control. I'm not sure what the bunny was thinking.



     Last night while I was catching up on Hulu waiting for the boys to go to sleep, Logan had snuck into the dining room with his blanket. Joshua found him asleep, wrapped up in his blanket under the dining room table. At some point during the night, he made his way to my bed. He's getting smarter about that because now he makes sure my body pillow is between me and him.


     This morning after the boys unsealed the oven and took out the resurrection cookies, they had bunny pancakes with their cookies for breakfast.


 

      The boys had their children's choir performance at church during morning worship. Both boys had speaking parts and Logan had a solo. Logan had the very first speaking part and was the last solo. Logan's sweet heart really shined through, and he did an amazing job. Lucas was really nervous, but did a beautiful job as well. They brought tears to my eyes.


     We purchased two Easter lilies from the church. One in memory of Aunt Hollie and one in memory of our sweet baby.


     Today was a happy and sad day. I'm always happy to celebrate Jesus' resurrection, but I was sad too because I missed my brother. This was the first Easter he wasn't with us. I'm so glad we were able to talk to him on the phone yesterday. I missed our baby so much today. I just realized more memories that our sweet baby will never be a part of. It makes more thankful for Jesus' resurrection because when I grieve, I grieve with hope.




Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. 
Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.
Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never die."
John 11:25-26 (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment