Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Meltdown

   The last couple of days have been leading up to a big ugly cry meltdown. I thought I could head it off til I got home. But it all came loose this morning. I'm so thankful for the support system of friends I have. They show compassion when it would be much easier for them to walk away and leave me to pull it together on my own. I was blessed by hugs, notes, encouragement, and chocolate. I have faith that one day I'll be more healed and whole than I am today. That one day my big ugly cry meltdowns will be much fewer and farther between. As a wise friend told me today, God gives us enough grace and every time He gives us a little more so we make it a little bit farther.

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
(2 Corinthians 12:9, 10 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment