Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Victory

     Today I had a pretty big victory for me. I had a pretty rough day emotionally. My classes were great; I just felt like I was fighting depression all day. I'm trying really hard not to focus on the fact that we would've found out the gender of our baby this week.

     I really wanted to come home and pull the box of chocolates out of the freezer Joshua had bought me for Valentine's Day and eat them all. The whole box. On the way home, I thought about the chocolates and how good they would taste. Then I thought about how awful I would feel tomorrow after eating them. The more I thought about it, the more realized how not beneficial it was for me to eat those chocolates. I was thinking about going for a run to help me stay away from the chocolates. I had almost talked myself into the run, when Logan suggested we run as we pulled into the driveway. That was the final push I needed. So the boys and I changed clothes and went for a run. By the time I finished my run, I felt better emotionally and I didn't want anything to do with those chocolates. The box is still sitting in the freezer unopened. I was tired, my feet hurt, but I felt better after our run. And I'll still feel good about it tomorrow.


"Everything is permissible for me"-but not everything is beneficial...
I Corinthians 6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment