Saturday, August 23, 2014

His Ways Are Not Mine

     As I have walked this journey after miscarriage, it's becoming more and more evident how very different His ways and my ways are. I would never have chosen for my baby girl to die 14 weeks into my pregnancy. Yet that's the journey I'm on.

    One thing I've been told over and over by well meaning friends and family is that there must have been something wrong with the baby. Her death probably saved her from a lifetime of pain and suffering. It's meant to be comforting. And maybe it is to others who have walked a similar journey.  But even though, I usually thank them and agree, in my heart, I can't accept that.

     Every fiber of my being says maybe there wasn't anything wrong with her. Maybe she was absolutely perfect.  Maybe Liana did something in those fourteen short weeks in the womb that I've yet to accomplish in my almost thirty-two years of life. Maybe, just maybe, Liana accomplished God's plan for her life. His ways are different from mine. Our thoughts are so completely different.  Human understanding says what work or purpose could a baby in the womb accomplish? But who am I question God's plan or His ways or to understand purpose according to Hm? It brings much comfort to my heart to believe that Liana accomplished His purpose for her life, and then He took her home. Maybe, just maybe, when I get to heaven and see my baby girl for the very first time, she'll tell me all about the purpose she accomplished.

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.
"And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, 
so My ways are higher than your ways
and My thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9 (NLT)

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment