Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday, Logan Elijah!!!

Dear Logan,

      I can't believe you are eight years old. It seems like it was just yesterday we were sitting with you in the NICU praying that you would heal, and we would be able to take you home. Now you're getting ready to start third grade. Time really does move quickly.

     You worked hard and learned so much in second grade this year. School isn't always easy for you, but you do work hard and try your best. Math and Science were your favorite classes along with PE. Your verse for this year was Philippians 4:13. I wrote it out for you on an index card and you carried it in your backpack so you could read it whenever you needed to.

     You completed your third year in AWANA as a sparkie, and earned the Sparkie award. In the Pinewood Derby, you placed third for speed and first for design. I'm so proud of the way you faithfully hide God's Word in your heart, and share it when a situation arises that reminds you of one of your verses.


   
     You are the most amazing big brother to Lucas. You watch out for him and help him. You never let anybody pick on your brother. You and Lucas love each other so much. You get frustrated with Lucas sometimes, but you are always willing to let Lucas have his turn first or the best of whatever you have.


     I'll never forget your excitement when you learned you were going to be a big brother again. As soon as you found out, you told everybody you saw that you were finally getting a baby. You had prayed for a baby sister for a long, long time. I'll never forget you explaining to Lucas that our baby didn't have a heartbeat anymore and that she was with Jesus. It's been hard on all of us losing Liana, but you are always the first to give hugs and I love yous when you know we are sad. 



     We finally found out in February that you are allergic to milk. Your milk allergy along with severe reflux has been the source of your tummy troubles. We are so thankful to finally have that figured out.


     We completed our first 5K last weekend, and you are already asking to do another one. 


     You are taking swim lessons and doing a great job. I've been so pleased with how you listen to your instructors and follow directions even when others in your class aren't. The 5K and swimming have been good confidence boosters for you, and I'm hoping that carries over into school. 


     I'm so proud of the young man you are growing into. You still have that sensitive, compassionate heart and for that I am so thankful. I pray you never lose it. You have brought Daddy and I so much joy over the years. This year has been the darkest and most difficult for me, and yet you have brought me much joy and love. You are my sweet boy, and I love you so much! Happy 8th Birthday, Logan Elijah!!!


Love, 
     Mommy 


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment