Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sleeping in their Own Bed

My boys have never been good about sleeping in their bed all night. There was a very long period of time when we didn't even try-they just slept with us. When I worked full time I wanted to sleep instead of constantly getting up and putting them back in their bed. Truthfully most nights I liked that they slept with us. I worried less about them.

For the last month, they have been sleeping all night in their bed. We either play their lullaby cd or let them watch a movie for a few minutes. It usually takes about 15 minutes for them to go to sleep. They've done so well. Sometimes they'll wake up between 6:00 and 6:30 and get in the bed with us til my alarm goes off. Even that is rare. Truth be told I kinda miss the fact that they're not in here and, I'm using our video baby monitor so I check on them without always having to get up and go in there.

Tonight Joshua bought us new pillows. The boys were so excited you've thought it was Christmas!

I rested and slept; I awoke, for the Lord protects me. (Psalms 3:5 NET)







No comments:

Post a Comment