Thursday, March 28, 2013

Play Time!

      Playing with my boys is so precious to me. Up until this year, I've been a full time working mommy. Being a full time working mommy was so hard because I had so much guilt about all the things I missed and the things I didn't get to do with them because I was working. I was a kindergarten teacher and felt guilty because I was with other people's kids all day while my boys were with my mom. I do know that I was extremely blessed that my mom was the one taking care of them for me, but it was still hard.


     Now I teach two days a week and have much more family time. It's been a huge blessing. When I think of playing with my boys I use to automatically think about more structured play like a game or imaginative play with them. But I think the most fun we have playing together are impromptu times or something as simple as tickle time or taking a walk.


     Last week Lucas and I had some one on one time. Logan was at school and my mom was at the doctor. It was a beautiful day so Lucas and I went outside. He rode his tricycle and I walked with him up and down the street. We chased each other and giggled.


     Now that spring is here, we are looking forward to much more outside playtime!

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree - those are my favorites. just the impromptu fun. they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete