Saturday, March 9, 2013

Carousel Fun

     Today we helped our friend Lauren celebrate her 4th birthday! She will actually turn 4 in a couple of days. She kept telling, "I'm still 3! I'm still 3." Lauren's birthday party was at the carousel at the mall. The boys enjoyed riding the carousel over and over and not having to get off. Joshua and my mom went to a CPR class at the church, so I did carousel duty on my own. I was so afraid Lucas would get to brave and try to dismount in the middle of the ride. The carousel goes pretty fast too. Logan and Lucas switched animals each time the ride came to end. Logan got pretty good at working the safety belt. 




     The boys enjoyed the rainbow colored Tinkerbell cake our friend Miss Leah made for Lauren! After cake, we rode the carousel several more times. The last two times the boys rode, I let Lucas ride by himself. When it ended the last time, I was trying to hurry to Lucas so I could help him get down. Logan beat me to it and was unbuckling his brother, so he could help him climb down. It was so sweet!


     Hannah and Rachel are Lauren's sisters. I loved watching baby Hannah face change from timid to joy as she rode the carousel! Rachel had all kinds of fun too. 


         The Easter Bunny made a surprise visit to the carousel and took a ride during Lauren's party! Lauren nor Lucas really wanted to be anywhere near the Bunny, but Logan and the other kids thought it was pretty cool. Hannah was in awe of the Bunny; and followed the Bunny around while the Bunny was waiting to get on the carousel!


     I caught these two pictures of Lauren and thought they were precious! The first one is Lauren with her Granddad right before she blew out the candles. The second one is Lauren and her daddy talking during the ride. 
     


     Lauren and Lucas are exactly 5 months apart. Lucas reminded Logan all morning before the party that Lauren is HIS friend. He was being a little territorial.  :)  There were several times Lucas had to ride next to Lauren. 


Happy 4th Birthday, Lauren Elizabeth!!! We love you! You are such a blessing to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment