Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Funday

     My boys LOVE going to church! I mean really, truly they do. It's not just about seeing their friends-they know that's where we go to worship Jesus and learn about Him with other believers. Because the boys and/or I have been sick for the last three weeks, our whole family has not been to church together since January 27th-yes I know the exact date-until today. Lucas woke up this morning and said, "Mommy! Please let me go to church! I need to learn about Jesus at His house!" They do know that we worship Jesus and can learn about Him anywhere, but we are also trying to instill in them the importance of doing those things with others believers at His house.

     Earlier this week somewhere (I'm not really sure if I read it in the Bible myself or if someone else had posted it) I read Psalm 122:1. I remembered this verse because of their excitement and decided it was picture time. I'll pull it out someday IF they are not so excited about going to the Lord's house; although I pray daily they are always excited to go to church.


"I was glad when they said to me, 'Let us go to the house of the LORD!'".
Psalm 122:1

    One of our goals for 2013 is to not go out to eat as much. We've been really successful with that. My mom makes up a month's worth of menus at a time. She always writes a grocery list of ingredients we need for the recipes. Each week I compare the list with what we have on hand and then go grocery shopping. This is probably the greatest contribution to us being so successful with cooking and eating at home. 

     This morning Logan asked Daddy if he would take us out to eat after church. Daddy took us out to eat and even let Logan pick where we went. Logan chose Daddy's favorite-Babe's! We go to the one in Arlington because the boys love to watch the train travel around the tracks. 



     When we snuggled up for family nap time, Logan told me today was Sunday Funday because "we got to church! ...And daddy even took us to Babe's for lunch. Today was the best day ever!"


No comments:

Post a Comment