Monday, February 18, 2013

Lucas' Trip to CareNow

     Last Tuesday, Lucas woke up with a froggy sounding voice, runny nose, and little cough. He ran a slight fever on Wednesday. Then back to just the other symptoms. Saturday afternoon, he started running fever again and complained one time about his ear, but Logan and him had just been wrestling so I didn't think much about it. Sunday morning about 4:30 he woke up screaming about his ear. I did web checkin with CareNow when we woke up and they told me the wait was an hour and a half to two hours. I was so thankful we were able to wait at home. It was about an hour and a half before they called us to head that way.



    They checked both his ears and they were infected. His little throat was really red as well. They did a flu test which came back negative for both flu A and flu B, and a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia which came back clear too. He's on an oral steroid and  antibiotic. I'm hoping this clears up quickly and is the last of our sickness for a while. We've haven't been to church as a whole family since January and I miss it! Thankfully my boys do not get ear infections often. Logan has had 3 total and this is Lucas' second. The first time he had one it was a double ear infection as well that took two rounds of antibiotics to get rid of. We dropped off his prescriptions at Walgreens and then got him a happy meal. I couldn't bear to tell that little sad face no McDonald's.




No comments:

Post a Comment