Wednesday, July 9, 2014

He is Near

Overwhelmed.

Emotional.

Grief stricken.

Weary.

That's how I've been feeling lately.

The closer I get to my due date with an empty womb, the more reality hits me.

The empty bassinet in my bedroom will remain empty.

Life has gone on all around me.

And left me behind.

Someone said to me the other day, "You can have another baby."

Maybe I can. May we will.

I could have ten more babies, but my heart will always ache for this one. The one I lost.

I watch Logan and Lucas with babies we know, and it shreds my heart into pieces.

And yet in my darkest moments, He reminds me He is near. He is enough. And He gives me grace to push through. He's working good through this. I just have to hold on, stay close, and He'll reveal the good in His time. I have hope because I will see His goodness.

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that 
I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage;
yes, wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:13-14 (NASB)

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed."
Psalm 34:18 (NLT)

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God
and are called according to His purpose for them."
Romans 8:28 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment