Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Recap

     We had a pretty, lazy relaxing July 4th. Everyone except me slept in. We went to Walgreens for water and Home Depot for more paint.

     I grilled peach ginger glazed chicken and made parsley and green onion brown rice. The boys jumped on the trampoline with the sprinkler while I grilled. Then we ate dinner out on the patio. 



     We drove up to the CVS on Camp Wisdom and Lakeridge to watch the fireworks from Joe Pool lake. A ton of people had the same idea we did, but we found a good spot, got out of the car, and stood on the grass by the street watching the show. The boys loved it! I realized while we were watching the fireworks that Logan was wearing his Christmas pajamas. When we came home, the boys and Josh visited with our neighbors while I went to sit on the heating pad. 



     We talked a lot about why we celebrate Independence Day. Logan said he was so proud his Uncle Josh is now one of the people who help protect our freedom. 

     July 4th was hard for me. Really hard. I think between two days in a row of driving and having a lot of time to think and knowing we are a little over a week away from our sweet baby's due date, I got overwhelmed. And it's just hard. I want my baby. I miss my baby. I loved seeing my brother, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity, but I couldn't help but think that if the baby hadn't died I wouldn't have been able to make that trip. We would've been on baby watch since the baby would've been coming any day. Some days are harder, and the 4th was one of those hard days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment