Tuesday, October 21, 2014

People Pleasing

     Hello, my name is Kaydi, and I'm a people pleaser.

     People pleasing is something I've struggled with all of my life. I have done many things I didn't want to because I didn't want to let someone down. I've also not done things I wanted to because someone else disapproved. It's a deadly trap I walk right in to far too often. 

     I've been reading The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst. It's all about making wise decisions and discerning which assignments are the ones God has for you. It's been very convicting for me. 

     I often find myself trying to juggle things in my life to help someone else. Sometimes, I believe God has called me to do that. But I know I've rearranged my life around others plenty of times when I didn't have to and certainly didn't need to. I had more than enough on my own plate without taking something off of someone else's. 

     I'm working on thinking through the consequences of what my yes or no could bring. Then praying God would give me wisdom and discernment to choose yes when yes is His will, and for the courage to say no when it's not my assignment. 

Fearing people is a dangerous trap, 
but trusting the LORD means safety. 
(Proverbs 29:25 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment