Thursday, October 23, 2014

Just the Reminder I Needed

     This afternoon, I had one of those I'm juggling too many things and they all crashed down on me moments. I panicked big time.

     Then I shared to facebook because surely I wasn't the only person in the world having one of those moments. I got the absolute best advice in the world from a dear, precious friend. Bro. Don commented and said, "It seems to me that you need to collapse into the arms of Jesus, and say, 'Lord I can't but You can.'" I went to Sonic for a vanilla coke and did that just that. I had some texts from a friend who reminded me everything would work out. I just needed to take care of one thing at time, and she reminded me God is in control. I came home, made a list, prioritized it, and then started tackling it.

     Later on in the afternoon, I received an email that lifted a big burden off of my shoulders. I finally got some answers to some things we have been worrying about, struggling with, and praying about for a long time. I had shared my frustrations over this situation with someone who looked at me and said, "Trust God's timing. There is a reason it is working out this way. And it's for the better."

     I know God is faithful. I know He is in control. I'm so thankful for the wise people in my life who remind me of these truths and point me back to God when I plunge head first into panic mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment