Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Little Bit of Hope

     I've been heavy hearted the last couple of days for several friends who are grieving losses. My heart certainly understands the weight of grief and depths of sorrow and pain. This morning as I was praying, this verse came to mind:

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted;
He rescues those whose spirits are crushed."
Psalm 34:18 (NLT)

     Then in class this morning, a beautiful thing happened. We were having our moment of silence, when I looked up to see more than half of my second graders with heads bowed and hands folded in prayer. And just like that hope shone a little bit brighter. My eyes were filled with tears and my heart was so encouraged and convicted.

     Lord, make me as courageous as my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment