Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday, Logan Elijah!!!

Dear Logan,

     The Lord has blessed us with another year with you. You have such a compassionate heart. That was very evident this last year in first grade. Sometimes you would get in the car and tell me you had a bad day because one of your friends were sad or frustrated or misbehaved. You would also come home and tell me what a great day it was if something good happened to one if your friends.


     I think perseverance was the lesson you taught me this year. Reading and writing were not always the easiest for you, but you never gave up and always gave your very best effort. I was so proud when you were awarded the work ethic award. You also earned the dean's list award, but I am most proud of the work ethic award because I know how hard you worked every day. Your perseverance reminds me of this verse:


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
we must get rid of every weight and the sin that so clings so closely,
and run with endurance the race set for us,"
Hebrews 12:1 (NET)



     You have also been asking a lot of questions about what it means to be saved and to be a Christian. I think you are very close to becoming a Christ follower. Nothing will bring my heart more joy than when you make that decision. For now, daddy and I continue to pray and answer your questions to the best of our understanding.


     Logan, you are an amazing big brother! You love Lucas so much even though he can really frustrate you sometimes. Lucas wants to be just like you, and I'm so proud to say you're the kind of boy I want him to be like. You take such good care of him. You help when he needs it, and you always keep an eye on him when we're in public. Sometimes he worries you so much when he runs away or around that you're almost hysterical because you worry that something will happen to him. Sometimes you fight, but you love him with your whole heart and always stick up for him.


     This summer was your first time to play t ball. You loved it and did so well. I'll never forget the game where you played second base and made two outs in a row. Just Lucas and I were at that game, but on the way home we called daddy, Grammie, and all our other family. Then we ate lunch at Beto's to celebrate.


     You love running so much and wanted to run a race like Mrs. Eddlemon and the Jeffries. We ran the Splash Dash 1K fun run together. You smoked me and were waiting at the finish line for me. We've started training to run a 5K because you want to run the longer race.



     You are becoming more and more independent. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. But it is a part of growing up. You are my sweet boy and I love you so much! 

      Some of your favorites are:

  • book-Biscuit's Valentine's Day
  • TV show-Loony Toons
  • movie-Cars 2
  • song-Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin
  • toys-transformers and Pokemon cards
  • video game-Transformers on Xbox
  • friends-Lucas, Josiah Owen, and Levi Standard. 

You also love going to church and AWANA. You are always so sad when you have to miss!



     I'm so proud of you Logan. I love you so much!!!  I pray you always have a compassionate, helpful, persevering heart and that you grow into a man who loves Jesus and follows Him with your whole heart!


Happy 7th Birthday, Logan Elijah!!! 

Love always, 
           Mommy


1 comment: