Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday, Lucas Elisha!!!

Dear Lucas,

     The Lord has blessed us with another year with you! You have gone from being my quiet, laid back little baby boy to my little stinker. You definitely keep life interesting, and you keep Mommy and Daddy on our toes.


     You are very opinionated and are not afraid to share it! Last night at dinner, you cried and kept telling me how you hate cheesy spinach. You hate it and think it's nasty. Once Grammie was finally able to get you to take a bite, you announced that it was yum and it's your favorite. Silly boy, you do that to us ALL the time!


     Food isn't the only thing you have strong opinions about. Clothes is another big one too. You only like to wear certain clothes, mainly your cotton shorts or basketball shorts with long sleeve shirts, because they're comfortable. When we went to visit Aunt Calli at the hospital the other day, the only way I could get you to change clothes was to tell you could put the others back on when we got home. By the time we had gotten home, I had forgotten all about it until you marched into the kitchen in your underwear carrying the other clothes to change back into.


     I think the lesson you have taught us this year is patience. You are becoming more and more independent every day. It takes a lot of patience for both of us. You are learning patience as you try to figure out how to do the things you want to do for yourself, and it takes a lot of patience from Mommy to give you the time to figure it out. I have to remind myself not to hurry you. This is an important part of growing up and becoming a big boy. It reminds me of this verse:

"But let patience have its perfect work, 
that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
James 1:4 (NKJV)


     Lucas, you love going to church, especially cubbies. You have talked about it all summer, and you so ready for it start back up. You love being in Ms. Donna and Mrs. Anita's Sunday school class. You now go to "big" church with Daddy, Logan, and I. You love to sing the worship songs and dance. You always bow your head and pray during prayer time, and you sit quietly in Mommy or Daddy's lap or next Logan during the sermon. We know you are listening to Brother Ron because sometimes you tell us things he says during sermon. You love the devotional at bedtime. You often carry it around during the day and "read" it to yourself. Whenever anyone prays, you want to pray too. You pray in the sweetest little voice that I know brings overwhelming joy to our heavenly Father's heart in ways Mommy can't even imagine because it brings me overwhelming joy that I can't explain.


     You can be such a sweet little brother to Logan. You don't like it when someone is getting on to Logan or being mean to him (as you see it). You tell them things like: "Leave my bubba alone!" "Don't talk to my Loden (Logan) like that!" "You can't do that to him!". You even say those things to Mommy and Daddy sometimes too. You like to be Logan's helper with whatever he is doing. Logan is really good about letting you help him...most of the time. You can also be a little stinker to Logan. Sometimes you eat his snacks and drink his drinks when he's not looking. When it's Logan turn to pick out the movie, sometimes, you throw a fit because you know most of the time Logan will give in and let you pick on his turn. I think you have taught Logan a lot about patience too!


     You are not Mommy's little baby boy anymore. It makes me happy and sad, but it's apart of growing up. You'll always be my baby boy, even if you are bigger than me one day.

      Some of your favorites are:
  • book-The Amazing Spiderman Reader
  • TV show-Jake and the Neverland Pirates
  • movie-Cars
  • song-One Thing Remains by Jeff Johnson Band
  • toys-tranformers and Thomas & friends trains
  • games-Angry Birds, Minion Rush, & Starfall on iPad
  • friends-Logan, Grayson Owen, & Jackson Ledford.

     I'm so proud of you Lucas and, I love you so much!!!! I hope you always stand up for what you believe in. I pray you grow into a man who passionately loves Christ and follows Him with everything you have. I also pray that you learn to speak the truth in love, but that you also never lose your boldness to share your convictions.


Happy 4th Birthday, Lucas Elisha!!!!



Love always,
              
             Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment