Saturday, August 17, 2013

Celebrating Lucas' 4th Birthday

     Poor Lucas got the short end of the stick this year or maybe he did get the better deal. Because I have been really sick with a UTI and kidney infection, we were unable to celebrate Lucas' special day before his birthday. His birthday fell on a Monday this year, which happened to be an inservice day for me and meet the teacher night. It actually ended up being the day I returned to work. Grammie made Lucas a special breakfast. Luckily for me, he woke up right before I had to leave so we took a quick picture together. 



     We went out to eat for his special birthday dinner on Tuesday night, the day after his birthday. He chose Texas Roadhouse. Uncle Josh texted earlier that day to see if he could come by, so he was able to go eat with us. I'm so thankful Josh was able to go with us to celebrate both boys birthdays. My brother signed his contract with the Navy and has a ship out date of March 4th, so we don't know if he'll be able to help us celebrate next year. We did not have them sing to Luc. They sang to a lady while we were eating dinner and it freaked him out. It was raining Tuesday evening. Lucas was walking to the car carrying his to go box with his hot dog and fries. He slipped in the rain in his flip flops. He fell, skinned his knee, and dumped his food all over the sidewalk. I felt so bad for him. Uncle Josh scooped him up and carried him to the car, so he got over it pretty quickly. 


     When we got back to the house, the boys had a few minutes of snuggle time with Uncle Josh before he had to leave. Then the boys had a cupcake and milk. They went to bed pretty quickly because Wednesday was Logan's first day of school. 

     


     On Wednesday while Logan was at school, Grammie and I took Lucas to McAllister's for lunch. He loves their sweet tea and mac n cheese. We actually ate there on Logan's first day of school last year, so it's becoming a little tradition for us. It's so hard for me to believe my sweet baby is 4! 

No comments:

Post a Comment