Tuesday, September 2, 2014

You are an Original

     A friend and I were talking about names today. I told her I had a student whose middle name is spelled just like mine. I've never met anyone with my spelling before, and I told her I thought I was unique. Her response was "You're the original." She's a name original too, so we laughed and went about our day.

     But that thought really stuck with me today. It was what I needed to hear, without even realizing it. Each one of us is an original. We are created with love and care by our Father, the King. Each one of us is His original. How special are we?! That overwhelming truth brings tears to my eyes.

     Instead of wallowing in the trap of comparisons and not good enoughs, we need to bask in the acceptance of our Heavenly Father. After all, each one of us is a son or daughter of the King, created by Him in love as His unique, one of a kind, original masterpiece.

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother's womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it."
Psalm 139:13-14 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment