Saturday, February 1, 2014

5K Training with Logan

     Logan and I began training to run a 5K today. We were training when I got pregnant. Running made me so sick I had to stop. I promised Logan we would train and run a 5K after the baby. After the baby came a lot sooner than we thought, but we are doing a 5K!!!

     Dr. Peppler cleared me for running when I saw her Wednesday. This morning we went for our first run. I expected it to be hard and awful. I expected that I would be huffing and puffing and dying by the end. But it was actually AWESOME!!! I felt great during the whole run and even better after. Something that really helps me is when we are doing the actual run part I pick a different person or situation to pray for during that run. Today I prayed for 8 different people or situations. Then Logan and I talk during the walks. Actually Logan mostly talks and I listen. I learn so much about him and from him during the walks. He was happy we were back running together. It brought my heart joy to see him smiling and happy like old times. These brief moments of joy show me the Lord will restore my joy to me. It just takes time. 
     
     The Lord used my prayer/run time to show me a few things I need to pray about and change. I'm not quite ready to share them here yet because I need to work through them a bit first, but I will share when I feel the time is right. 

     Feeling good after our run! 


"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:13b-14 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment