Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Freedom from Fear

     I realized this morning, I've been living in fear that something would happen to Logan and Lucas. I've struggled with this before in different seasons of life, but since we lost Liana last January, it's been smothering me.

     I'm rereading Lysa TerKeurst's book Am I Messing Up My Kids?.  Chapter 13, Why Am I Worried All the Time? is all about fear and trusting the Lord. At the end of the chapter, Lysa talks about standing in a parking lot and visualizing handing your children up to the Lord and declaring that you will love the Lord no matter what. 

     My first thought was I can't do that. What if He takes them away? But then I realized, I've already lived through this. And I love Him more today than I did when He took Liana. I sat on my couch and handed my boys to Him. And I told the Lord, I will love You even still. And I feel peace like I haven't felt in long, long time. 

I prayed to the LORD, and He answered me. 
He freed me from all my fears. 
Psalms 34:4 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment