Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving

     We had a nice, quiet, relaxing Thanksgiving at home yesterday. It's was just my dad, Joshua, the boys and I for most of the day. Although Grammie did get to spend a couple of hours with us. We were unable to talk to Uncle Josh yesterday, but he did call us this afternoon. The boys left a message for Aunt Calli, and they FaceTimed with Joshua's parents. I cooked the entire Thanksgiving dinner which was a first for me. I had never cooked a turkey or cornbread dressing before, but it all came out delicious. The only thing that flopped was my gravy. I hadn't planned on making gravy until my dad asked for it. I added some flour to the turkey dripping and salt and peppered it, but it was lumpy. My dad ate and said it good, but I doubt he would tell me it was bad even if it was the worst gravy he had ever tasted. My mission for next year is to be able to make good gravy. When we sat down to eat, we went around and said one thing we were thankful for. The boys both said they were thankful for the food. Joshua and Dad said they were thankful for our family. I said I was thankful for Logan's salvation. Then Lucas blessed our food, and we ate. The boys were super excited because I made cranberry pineapple punch, and I let them drink out of wine glasses.

     My day started in tears around 1:30am because I was missing our baby girl. Then I decided to just get up, so I wouldn't bother Joshua. I ended up doing some online black Friday shopping as the email adds popped up. I took a nap from 6:30 until 8:00. Then I got up, showered, dressed, and started cooking. I was sad throughout the day, but really I'm thankful we had a quiet Thanksgiving at home. Low key was really what I needed. This year has been hard, but the Lord has continually shown me that I have so many, many things to be thankful for.

     "Rejoice always, 
Pray continually.
Give thanks in all circumstances;
For this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18


*Lucas is shooting his Spiderman webs in this picture. :)


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment