Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Oh Santa

I've been thinking a lot about Santa Claus lately and pondering what I should say if Logan were to ask if Santa Claus is real. I did not realize the truth about Santa until I was in 4th grade. Looking back, I think I knew, but didn't want to let go of it. I do remember crying when I asked my mom and she told me. I wasn't angry or felt like I had been lied to. I remember feeling like it was just part of growing up. I have finally decided that if he asks, I will tell him the truth and share with him the story of Saint Nicholas that Santa Claus is modeled after. I will focus on how Santa can point back to the attributes of our Heavenly Father. After all, when I think of Santa I see a portrait of our Heavenly Father who desires to and gives good gifts to His children. I want Logan to know that when he asks me about something I will truthfully answer him to the best of my ability. In a world full of lies, the Truth (Jesus) is one of the most important characteristics of God I can teach my sons.




No comments:

Post a Comment