Sunday, August 19, 2012

Logan's First Day of First Grade

    On August 15th, Logan started first grade at UME Prep. His classes start at 10:30am and end at 3:30pm. We got up, dropped Grammie off at Parkland, and then grabbed some Chick-fil-a and came home to eat breakfast and get ready for school. 


     Logan loves wearing an uniform. The only part he doesn't like is having to keep his shirt tucked in.


    He's Lukie with his brother. When we left Logan at Luc cried because he wanted to stay with brother. When I finally got him to the car, he cried because he wanted to Logan to come with us. I was very proud of myself, I didn't cry when I left him. It was hard though; I've never left him like that and been at home. He did go to TLC for preschool, but I was at work, and my mom dropped him off and picked him up. I was glad that he goes to our friend Leigh Ann's class on the days I do not teach.


     UME stands for University Model of Education. Logan has different teachers for each class. On Monday/Wednesday/Friday, Logan attends music, computer applications, English, and History. On Tuesday/Thursday, Logan has PE, Science, and Math. He has assignments to complete at home for all of his classes. Our friend Mrs. Eddlemon is English teacher and I am his Science teacher! I teach Grade 1 Science and Grade 4 Math on Tuesday/Thursday. I teach two sections of each. Between my four classes I have several friends and friends of friends in my classes.
     Since school started on Wednesday, Lucas and I dropped Logan off and then headed home. Grammie took Luc and I to McAlister's for lunch. Here's Lucas enjoying his sweet tea!
 We are so thankful Logan is getting an awesome college preparatory education with more time spent at home with us. We are also so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to teach (my passion) two days a week and be at home more with the boys (what I've wanted for a long time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment