Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Easing Into 2013

     Wow! I can't believe 2012 has come and gone and 2013 is here. We stayed out in Weatherford with Joshua's parents last night to ring in the new year. Aunt Calli and Uncle Robert came too. The boys were really excited about that! The boys had been out there since Friday afternoon, so Joshua and I drove out there last night when he got off of work. The fog was awful once we exited 20 and driving down those winding country roads. The fog was so thick I dove about 10 miles an hour and Joshua was convinced I had made a wrong turn when we got into his parents' neighborhood. Thankfully my navigation showed I knew what I was doing. ;)

     We woke up this morning and the boys and I went to breakfast with his parents. Joshua isn't feeling well so he stayed home. My in-laws take the boys to McDonald's for breakfast most mornings they have them. That's their special thing. After 3 mornings in a row of McDonald's, Papaw decided to take us out for a real breakfast. Lucas cried when we parked. "It's not McDonald's!". Once we got him in the restaurant, he was fine since he was still getting his pancakes and chocolate milk. We had a relaxing morning and afternoon, watching movies and cat napping.

     We got home just a little while ago. We got the car unpacked and I got dinner cooked. We just finished our traditional New Year's Day meal of ham, black eyed peas, cabbage, red potatoes, and bread. Now we're sitting on the couch enjoying some more lazy family time.

      We're so thankful for the blessings and hardships of 2012 and can't wait to see how God will work in and through our family this year. Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment