Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Fading Away

      Summer is fading away. It's always bittersweet for me. The excitement of a new school year along with the sadness of leaving my boys behind. This year both boys will go with me every day, yet there is sadness in that too. Knowing they are growing up. One year closer to the independent, godly young men we are trying our best to raise them to be. 

     It's been a summer of transitions, changes, and waiting. There have been joys like my Grandpa's miraculous recovery and new friends that fit into our lives like the last piece of a puzzle sliding into place. Strengthened relationships with old friends we love dearly. We are praying and hoping for a miracle for a dear friend we love. 

     And then another miscarriage. While we know God has allowed it,  He is working is to bring good from it. It is difficult, knowing we will never know that sweet baby this side of heaven. 

     Yet I am thankful. Thankful for the sweet boys God has allowed us to keep. Thankful for our friends who love us where we are and walk the good and bad of life with us. Thankful for the sweet memories with old friends, who though we are separated by miles, are always available. Thankful for all the time spent with my sister. Thankful for baby snuggles that help my own broken heart heal. Thankful that after all these years with my quirks and crazy, Joshua still loves me. He actually loves me more each day. 

     This summer has not been at all what I anticipated. In spite of the unexpected, the sadness, and the waiting, this summer has been filled with grace, mercy, and joy far beyond what I deserve. God is good all the time. All the time He is good. 

     As summer fades away, I am thankful for His new mercies every day. 

“Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.”~Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment