Sunday, January 3, 2016

Peace

     2015 was about finding my joy in the Lord after losing our baby. As I look back at the last year, I no longer feel guilty about how I feel~good or bad. I think about her every day but it's not all crushing grief anymore. You cannot genuinely walk with the Lord and not be filled with joy. Joy never left me; I had to choose to let go of some of my grief so I could experience it. 

     The last couple of months peace has become a reoccurring theme. As I've been obedient to worry less and trust God more, He's given me His overwhelming peace even in the midst of some very chaotic circumstances. There are some things about myself I need to make peace with too. It's time to let go and trust God to work those things out for my good. This year I will worry less, pray more, and express my gratitude to the Lord for all He's done so I can experience His peace. God's peace is more than just a sense of calmness, it also brings wholeness and healing. This year I want to abide in His peace.  

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.””
John 16:33 NLT

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”
Isaiah 26:3 NLT

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6-7 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment