Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Worry and Peace

     Today has had a lot of reasons to fret and worry about. My computer, waking up an hour late, etc. But instead I held onto Philippians 4:6-7, which was a verse we looked at at Bible study last night. 

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7 NLT)

And honestly, I had that peace today. My data was going to be recovered from computer or it wasn't. Worrying wasn't going to change the outcome. I've been upset about the computer, but I realized worrying myself to death about it wasn't going to solve anything. 

     And I learned how important it is to back up your information. 

     But most importantly I experienced God's peace because I gave Him my worries in prayer.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment