Saturday, January 24, 2015

Logan the Evangelist

     When we returned from Christmas break, one of Logan's teachers told me Logan is always taking about the Lord with him. Mr. Foster told me Logan is a great kid, and he loves Logan. That made me so happy. But I didn't get the whole story until yesterday.

     I was meeting with another teacher, Mr. Asake when Logan walked by on his way to class. He started laughing and told me Mr. Foster loves Logan and Logan has been evangelizing him. 

     They were standing outside at drop off when Logan got out of the car, and Mr. Foster told Mr. Asake, "See that kid right there?" 
Asake said, "Logan?"
Foster said, "Yeah. I love him. He's an awesome young man. He told me real serious one day. Mr. Foster, you're a good man. I like you cause you're a good man. But being a good man is not going to get you to heaven. Do you know the Lord? Jesus is the only way to heaven."

      After my meeting, I found Mr. Foster and told him I knew what Logan had said. I wanted to make sure Logan hadn't been disrespectful. He assured me there was no condemnation in what Logan had said. Only love. 
He told me, "No offense. Logan doesn't see color. He only sees people. Logan loves all people. I see it in the way he interacts with the other kids. There's a couple of kids in his lunch group that were pretty wild. But through Logan's encouragement and example, they are now much better behaved at lunch. I may be dead and gone, but God's going to something special and big through Logan. I prayed and thank God for you and your husband and the way you're raising Logan. I pray Logan stays this way. He's been such spiritual encouragement for me. Logan's my right hand man, and I love him."

     Those words brought so much joy to my heart! A teacher is a powerful influence in a child's life. Lo has Mr. Foster at lunch three times a week for thirty minutes each time. Mr. Foster teaches older kids in the classroom. Logan loves Mr. Foster. He's always talking about him. It's amazing the influence he has had on Logan in chaotic lunch room three times a week. And it's amazing the influence my lil Lo has had on him as well. Teachers get just as much, if not more, from our students as we give to them.

      I'm thankful for all of our friends and Logan's Sunday school teachers. I'm thankful for all the volunteers in AWANA and the children's and preschool department at church. For each person who has come along side of us as we try to raise Logan up in the Lord and teach him about Jesus, and what it means to live life with Jesus. 

Dear Logan, 
      
     We are so proud of you. What a courageous thing it is to be obedient to the Lord and share Jesus with people! We pray you continue to grow in your relationship with the Lord, and continue loving people and pointing people to Jesus. I always said I only wanted you to see two kinds of people-those who have Jesus and those who need to meet Him. I'm thankful God has answered that prayer. Mr. Foster is right, if you continue following Jesus in obedience, God is going to do something big and special through you. He's already working in your obedience. 

Love, 
     Mom & Dad


I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth. 
(3 John 1:4 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment