Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mom-my!

     "Mom-my!" My little boys call for me what seems like a million times a day. Like an iPod stuck on repeat. Make no mistake. I'm not complaining. It's just the season of life we're in. Sometimes I enjoy and savor those mostly sweet calls for Mommy, but not near as often as I should. It does become a source of frustration. Why can't Mom-my have five minutes without hearing Mom-my?!

     The verse I'm currently working on memorizing is this:
"Call on me in prayer and I will answer you.
 I will show you great and mysterious things which you still do not know." 
Jeremiah 33:3 (NET) 
As I was working on this verse tonight, it dawned on me that my God has the opposite "problem" (for lack of a better word). He goes way too many moments without me calling His name. His desire is for me to call on Him, so that He can answer me. He doesn't have any of that "if I ignore them maybe they'll stop calling me" going on. He wants to answer. Just like me with my children, it's not always the answer that's wanted. But it is the answer that has my best interest and His plan at heart. Thankfully I don't have to second guess Him in my regard like I second guess myself about my decisions concerning my children because He created the big picture and holds it all in His hands. 

     I'm praying those "Mom-my!"s remind me to call on my Heavenly Father a little more often. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment