Thursday, April 18, 2013

Not Home Yet

Today I woke up and wanted to stay in my bed with my boys all day. I wanted to hold them and love on them. I didn't want them out of my sight. Today was one of those days where I struggled with entrusting my children's care to the Lord. It was hard to say and mean, "Lord I want Your will their life" without adding as long as it matches my will for their lives.

There is so much evil in the world and always is. This week, though I've been overwhelmed by it, it has reminded me I'm not home yet. "But our citizenship is in heaven – and we also await a savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ," (Philippians 3:20 NET). I take comfort in knowing this world and its troubles are temporary.

Tonight in my prayers, I'll thank God that I'm not home yet and ask Him for the courage to leave my children in His protection.


No comments:

Post a Comment