Saturday, April 6, 2013

Boys' Favorite Books

     My boys have always loved books and reading! I read to them every night during my pregnancies, and I think that is part of the reason why they've always been drawn to books.

     Logan is beginning to be able to read "real" books on his own. He is drawn to anything that he can read by himself. Right now, he loves Biscuit, David, Clifford, and Super Hero books. Logan received a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas from my in laws, and we have several books downloaded for him to read. We are also reading a lot about elephants because that is his research topic for English.

     Lucas loves The Gingerbread Pirates, David, and Super Hero books. His favorite super hero book right now is The Amazing Spiderman.
   
     I'm glad my boys enjoying reading because as a teacher, I see first hand that children who are good readers and enjoy reading, do better in school. Books take you places you may not otherwise be able to go. A good book is an adventure you'll always be glad you took!


"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more things that you learn, the more places you will go."
-Dr. Seuss, I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!

No comments:

Post a Comment