Friday, July 5, 2013

This Boy!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

     Logan blows my mind. Quite often as a matter of fact.

     My new contacts came in the mail today. While I was putting in a fresh pair, Logan came in and there asked me why they are called contacts. I can't talk and put in my contacts. I just can't. We have a few moments of silence and then he says, "Oh! I know why! They're called contacts because they make contact with your eyes. You know, Mom, they touch your eyes." So I had to ask where he learned what contact means. His response, "Duh, Mom. From watching wrestling-it's a contact sport, and they're touching each other ALL the time!"  

    Then I was cooking dinner, and he wanted to know what we were having. I tell him, and turn around to find him shoveling chips into his mouth. I tell him to put the chips up because I'm cooking. This happens two more times. The fourth time I turn around and see him, I say, "What are you doing? I told you I'm cooking dinner." His response, "I don't think I want to eat that tonight, so I didn't want to lie when I tell you I'm not hungry." He was so sincere I just stood there for a moment, and finally took the chips and put them up. 
     Some days I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with this boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment