Friday, April 20, 2012

A Timely Reminder

    Our church has been doing the Read the Bible for Life study during Sunday school time. The lesson I did today was focusing on the different teaching methods Jesus used (comparisons, hyperbole, parables, etc.).



    The passage that went with the teaching was Matthew 6:25-7:29. The bulk of the study focused on Matthew 6:25-34 about not being anxious tomorrow. I've read this passage many times since a child, but a couple of verses really stood out to me.
"Look at the birds of the air: 
they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns,
and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not of more value than they?"
Matthew 6:26



"And why are you anxious about clothing?
Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow:
they neither toil nor spin,
yet I tell you,
even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
Matthew 6:28-29


    I have allowed myself to worry about things that are mostly out of my control. If I trust the God who provides for birds and flowers and sacrificed His Son for a relationship with me to give me eternal life, then I can surely hand my worries over to Him and trust Him to provide for and take care of the concerns I have.





No comments:

Post a Comment