Sunday, February 25, 2018

Incomprehensible Peace

Sometimes God takes us places we would not choose to be because that’s the right path to get you where He wants to be. -Ryan Christopher 

These words changed my perspective today like the moment in the morning when I put my contacts in and my fuzzy world is instantly viewed with crystal clear clarity. 

It is no secret that a little more than four years later, I still deeply feel and grieve the loss of our baby girl 14 weeks in my pregnancy with her. In some ways, I’ve come so far in working through that loss. In other ways, I’ve taken baby steps if I have made any progress at all.

It struck me today that “the why” I’ve so desperately wrestled with is rooted in this statement made by my pastor this morning. I would have never chosen losing my Liana Elise. Just as I would never choose to lose any of my boys. But it needed to happen to get me where I am today-right where God wants me to be. 

I know how crazy that sounds. I’d be lying if I said I totally understand it. Because I don’t. My finite mind can’t come close to comprehending all the intricacies of God’s plan for His glory in my life and my family’s lives. As I thought to myself how this sounds, the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 1 came to mind: 

“God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish.”~1 Corinthians 1:20

And this Scripture: 

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” ~Isaiah 55:8-9


The epiphanies related to this loss are normally accompanied with tears. This time as I sat in my seat, there was nothing but peace I cannot comprehend. Even as I’ve continued to ponder this and as I type now, there are no tears. Just overwhelming, incomprehensible peace. I can honestly say it is well with my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment