Saturday, September 24, 2016

A Well Lived Life

      This morning we celebrated the well lived life of my precious friend, Elizabeth. It was so evident how much she loved and encouraged every one who came in contact with her. No words will ever be adequate to describe how much she means to me and how much I love her. 

     I feel like I've lost my way a little bit without her. Joshua​​ told me as we were getting ready this morning, "It's okay, Kaydi. It's just hard when people have run the good race and fought the good fight. And they finish before you." He is so right. I love how every person who spoke today pointed back to Jesus because that's what Elizabeth always did. 

     I want to be the person who runs the race well, who fights the good fight, and points people back to Jesus. I will be forever thankful for every memory I made with my precious friend, Elizabeth. The last lunch date we had back in June, it was so evident to me she was in pain and she hardly ate at all. Yet our conversation was filled with her concern for me, and God's faithfulness to her. She assured me I didn't need to worry about her. God would take care of her. And He did. Elizabeth received her healing and reward. 

     As we drove home today, I thought about when she had her stroke on June 23, 2014. We weren't sure then if she was going to make it. I had lost our baby girl, Liana Elise 14 weeks in the pregnany in January 2014. I just remember telling God, You took my baby. Please don't take my best friend too. I need her. And God was kind enough to give me two more years with Elizabeth. I had two more years with Elizabeth's example of living well, running the good race, and fighting the good fight. Two more years to learn from Elizabeth what it means to encourage and truly, selflessly love others. 

     I will spend the rest of my days trying to live out the lessons God taught me through Elizabeth. 

“I have fought the good fight, 
I have finished the race, and 
I have remained faithful.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:7‬ 

No comments:

Post a Comment