Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Answered Prayers

     God has this miraculous way of doing incredibly more than we ever could ask or imagine. 

     A couple of years ago, I began praying that God would transform me into the kind of friend who builds up and encourages. A friend who points others back to Jesus and the truth in His Word. I also began praying that God would give me one friend I could be completely transparent with, who would point me back to Jesus, and would tell me hard truth in love. One friend who would love me where I'm at and at the same time push me to be better than I am. Push me to be more like Jesus. 

     When I began praying those prayers, I had my own idea of what His answer would look like. My thoughts were so incredibly narrow compared to what He was going to do. 

     Over the last couple of years, He has brought several ladies into my life who are this friend. I may not speak to them everyday, but they're my people and they're there when I need them. They've seen the good, bad, and ugly. And they love me. They are wise women who know when to offer support and encouragement or call me out when needed. 

     Then God did something even sweeter. Joshua is developing friendships with some of their husbands. These are men he is making connections with. Men who accept him as he is and push him to be better, more Christ like too. My self-proclaimed anti-social husband is becoming willingly social. 

     I'm so thankful for a faithful God who answers prayers in a bigger way than I can imagine in my wildest dreams. And I'm thankful for the godly friendships He has provided for us.  

“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.”
Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment