Saturday, September 20, 2014

Friends

     I was reading in Proverbs this morning and came across this verse: 

Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable? (Proverbs 20:6 NLT)

While there have been times in my life where I have felt this way. This morning I thought about the friends who have taken my hand and walked this journey of grief with me.  

Friends who said, "I can't even begin to imagine how you feel." And held me while I cried. 

Friends who said, " We know the depths of your pain and grief." And held me as I cried. 

Friends who cooked us dinner or took me for coffee. Or wrote us cards. 

Friends who made copies for my classes and made sure things were ready to go for my subs. Friends who stepped up and covered my classes. 

Friends who rode the roller coaster of hormones and emotions with me. They were just there. 

Most importantly, friends who prayed. And pointed us back to the truth about God and who He is in His Word. I still carry my "heart" Scriptures with me. They're torn and worn, but such a comfort even still when grief overwhelms. 

Today I'm thankful for loyal, reliable friends. And that they can be found. 

No comments:

Post a Comment